Introduction

     Hello, my name is Sofia S and I am a student at UAF. I have lived in various Alaskan cities my whole life and am happy to have recently started a family here. I love being outdoors whether that is hiking, kayaking, snow-machining, sledding, etc.. I am on my third schooling year at UAF and want to go into an education field. My ideal career would be an elementary teacher just like my mother.

    

    My relationship with music, I think like most peoples, is constantly evolving and is never truly so cut and dry. I am someone who if they like a song regardless of the genre I like it. For the most part though, I usually steer towards pop and country music. I have briefly dabbled in playing the guitar but I could not play the guitar now if I needed too. I have never gone to any live concerts so I am not sure what I would think about that experience compared to just listening and enjoying at home.


    

Comments

  1. Wow, how interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was an elementary music teacher for 21 years, and my mother taught elementary for 30 years. You need to go to a live concert. Many recording and music videos just can't capture the excitement of a live concert - not to mention the stunning stage effects that frequently accompany these events. I have been to concerts in an outdoor tent that just blew my socks off. I saw Lindsey Stirling this past December with my God daughter. We were amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, tried learning the guitar mainly because of how cool I thought it would be, but also because my dad knows how to play, so I thought it would be a good bonding experience. Like you, I cannot remember anything I was taught. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also studying to become an elementary teacher! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to read your introduction! You seem to have a strong connection to Alaska and lead a very active lifestyle. I completely agree that our relationship with music is constantly evolving and difficult to pin down. I feel the same way; a good song is a good song, regardless of genre. I noticed the musical link you shared was for "The Nights" by Avicii. That's an excellent choice—it's a very upbeat song with a great message about living life to the fullest, which seems to suit your adventurous spirit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment