Musical Analysis

 The song I selected for this analysis was Travelin' Soldier by The Chicks. One of the main musical elements I noticed in this song is the tempo. The change in tempo from slow to fast and vice versa shows a dramatic shift in the song. Towards the end of the song the tempo shifts and contains an emotional part of the song. Another musical element I noticed was towards the end of the song and the artists' lift in musical range. The artists' show complexity in their vocal range and show the emotion of the certain part of the song.

I would say this song was definitely successful, this song was published before YouTube but the YouTube version of the song has over seventy million views. The Chicks also have other very well known songs so as a band they were successful. This song was definitely a moving song for many people. Many people related to this song because of its relation to the military and having a loved one lost in battle. People loved the understanding this song showed.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbfgxznPmZM&list=RDAbfgxznPmZM&start_radio=1


Comments

  1. I have never heard this song before, but I really enjoyed listening to it! I think your music analysis shows why I enjoyed the song so much. I am not a big fan of slow-tempo songs, but as you mentioned, the tempo changes from slow to fast, which I actually very much enjoyed. I also liked how you mentioned the vocalist's range because it makes this song amaze me. One element you may want to analyze is the lyrics because they will strengthen your last paragraph. The lyrics would show how people can relate to the song about losing a soldier in battle. The article link below may be helpful with that. I think your music analysis was great, and thank you for introducing me to this wonderful song!
    Link to article:
    https://sites.dwrl.utexas.edu/countrymusic/music/home-2002/travelin-soldier/#:~:text=This%20syllogistic%20song%20uses%20emotion,and%20the%20emotions%20they%20feel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment